DUSTY ROCKER BOOT FIT GUIDE
Womens: SNIP TOE we suggest ordering a 1/2 size larger than your average shoe size
Womens: SQUARE TOE we suggest ordering a 1/2 size smaller than your average shoe size
Mens: Square TOE we suggest ordering 1/2 size larger than your average shoe size
(It is very important to choose size based on REGULAR shoe size, not your typical boot size from other boot companies)
Once you are standing, wearing both boots, look for these three signs of a good fit:
- Your entire foot should feel snug in the boot EXCEPT for your heel. Don't worry! Your heel should always slip in a properly fitted new boot. (Slip, not flop) As you begin wearing your boot, you will find the heel leather will soften, and your boot will then conform to and move with your foot. The slippage will disappear!
- The ball of your foot should sit at the widest part of the sole of the boot. Unlike feeling for the fit in your toes (as you would in trying on a shoe), the proper location of the ball of your foot in the boot will ensure a good fit throughout. Consequently, if the ball of your foot sits too far forward in the boot, your toes will uncomfortably crowd in the toe box of the boot.
- The instep (vamp) of the boot should fit snugly over the top of the arch of your foot (more snugly than the fit in your normal shoe or sneaker.) This also will stretch/conform to your foot as you begin to wear your boot.
Finding Your Perfect Boot Size:
- Begin with your normal shoe size. It's a good idea to have your feet measured every year or so, as the size of your feet may change over time.
- Note that socks (even tights or nylons!) can add a 1/2 size to your feet.
- If you are an "in-between" size, we recommend ordering the larger of the two sizes you are between for snip toe styles, and the smaller of the two sizes you are in between for square toe styles.
- If your feet are a wide width try ordering a 1/2 size larger than the size suggested in #3.
- Your feet may be two different sizes. We recommend ordering the size that fits the larger foot.
Standard width for women's boot is "B" width, which is the width you find most often. Standard width for men's boots is "D" width.
We recommend wearing boot socks with your boots. Boots socks are designed to reduce slippage and shock and provide a comfortable stay-put, over-the-calf fit to complement the tall shafts of your boots. Unlike your regular cotton socks, boot socks absorb moisture to keep your feet dry and warm, all day long.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thank you!
Sorry, but there are no products matching this criteria. Please try again.